Presented in association with the Evans Youth Baseball Association
The Southtowns Slugfest is a wood bat tournament which is part of the BB Bat Company-Wood Bat Tournament Series. Our tournament series will have 6 tournaments in three states over the 2013 baseball season. All of the tournaments are played by the same rules and in the same format no matter what state it is played in.
This year, the Southtowns Slugfest will be played in Angola, NY on July 31- August 3, 2014. Our partnership organization for this tournament is the Evans Youth Baseball Association. We have decided to run 8 divisions with a maximum of 8 teams per division. The divisions included will be 8U, 9U, 10U, 11U, 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, and 16U.
To separate our tournament from the others we have decided to do the following;
(1) Make it a wood bat tournament.
(2) Give every team 2 MLB quality wood bats just for participating. Your choice of
barrel color, size, and weight. These are selected at the registration tent when you
(3) Every player on each of the division champions’ roster will be given an authentic
MLB quality bat of thier choice selected after the championship game. In addition
each team will recieve one division champion team bat.
(4) Guarantee 2 umpires, one field and one behind the plate, per game. All semi-final and
championship game will use 3 umpires.
(5) Use pool play that will allow all participating teams a chance to make it to the
(6) AND Keep our fees reasonable to allow all teams the chance to participate.
As for the location of the tournament it doesn’t get much better. The baseball complex is located approximately 1.2 mile from Bennett Beach, 2.6 miles from Evans Town Park, and 4.9 miles from Evangola State Park. At all three locations you can swim and picnic at the beach. There are lifeguards located at all of the beaches and there are three eateries within walking distance of Evans Town Park.
Below is a listing of some general information. To get more specifics you can look at the rules for each division.